Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 4 - Blog Posting #7 2nd Life

Ah second life how I want to fall in love with you! You are the one who got away, the one that should be right, but I just can’t get it. This so called educational opportunity sometimes to me feels more social the educationally successful. I also feel Second Life is outdated. I feel that with all the advances we have in communication on the Internet, why go into a virtual world? Another problem I see with second life is I am not sure who its virtual area can compete with such application as Google Earth. I am a gamer and I do enjoy playing games online, but I feel second life does not offer anything beyond exploring in a virtual world, it has no hook! I need a hook! Yet as the blog assignment calls for I began my journey!

Multiple Intelligence

I found this area to be very interesting. There was much info on multiple intelligences, so cool exhibits, but once again nothing that blew my mind!

Blooms Taxonomy

Once again lots of great information, but could just as well been pretend on any website. I really tried to dive in and hopped that some of this info would help me fall in love with second life, no luck. Also in both area’s nothing that I didn’t already know!

The teacher corner

The teacher corner is a place that allowed teachers to communicate with one another and share ideas. This led to the discovery of IMteacher.eu, a communication tool for teachers. I did find this to be great collaborative for teachers. One problem I has was there was no one there! I really was hoping for a sense of community somewhere! When I log onto face book I am guaranteed to find at least half a dozen people to talk with, collaborate with, or find new and interesting information.

Another problem I have with second life is ease of use. Many of the areas are very confusing and sometimes hard to navigate around. I hope I find a class that truly makes me fall in love with second life!


I found these 2 videos that talk about some of the pros of Second Life, but I visited these areas and had a hard time finding the community aspect they are speaking of. I guess this is another problem i have with Second Life isn't consist. The second video really touches and some of the pros and cons of Second Life! Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment